"The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge."

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

A Government Too Big for Our Wallets

Our government is so big we have no idea how many programs we are paying for that duplicate one another.

I do not care what the position is, police firemen what ever there should be not one federally employed union worker.

One of our primary objectives as Tax payers should be to insure that there is no duplication of programs from the local to the Federal level. If my community can do it there should be no matching grants.

This is one of the ways we gotten into so much financial trouble.

If my community can do it and pay for the service my county should not.  If my county provides the service my State should not and if my State provides the service the federal government should not.

If there is some service I think that my community or state should pay for but do not and I feel strongly that I need to have that program or service I should seek out the community that provides it and move there and support their tax system.

Better yet I should find a away to pay for it myself instead of expecting my neighbors to pay my freight.

It takes a village of idiots thinking that they deserve to be coddled from the cradle to the grave by a government to wreak this sort of financial havoc.

The sad thing is we are supporting a good chunk of the world this way and since our ability to export goods and services is crippled by tariffs and taxes by our 'partner nations' it is going to be a long and painful process to straighten out our national financial nightmare. We no longer make things, and our labor force with the jobs (now overseas) that supported the lunacy of care taking the entire world has been shifted off shore.

Soon there may not even be any executive jobs at McDonald's.

Better buy a wheel barrow while you can.

1 comment:

  1. It's much like what Thomas Jefferson said, a government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.

    ReplyDelete